Sunday, February 26, 2017

Something I Wish More People Understood

Have you ever woken up to find that your car won't start because you left the lights on all night and it drained the battery? And it may seem strange. It may seem like the lights should have a separate battery, the only the lights should burn out but the rest of the car should be fine. But it doesn't work that way. The car only has one battery, and if you leave something on when the motor is off, when the gasoline isn't replenishing the car, the entire battery will die.

I am one person. I have one battery. I don't have separate batteries for each thing I do. Anytime I spend energy on something, that energy is gone. It's not there for me to use on anything else. I can't do anything else until I've had plenty of time to replenish, the same way you can't drive anywhere unless you put gas in the car. No matter how small of a thing you think I'm doing, remember that it's costing me energy, the same way that leaving on that tiny little light inside the car will drain the entire battery. I only have one battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment